You will need:
A pale nail varnish
A sheet of newspaper
An eggcup of vodka (or any other alcohol)
A clear nail varnish or topcoat
- Cut the newspaper into 10 pieces, roughly two inches wide and one inch long (more than enough to cover a fingernail).
- Apply two coats of pale nail polish and let it dry completely.
- Dip one fingernail in the vodka.
- Press a strip of newspaper onto the nail, being careful to cover the whole nail and to keep it still. Allow the vodka to soak through.
- Peel the paper off slowly (and be really impressed with yourself).
- Once every nail is done and the vodka has dried, apply a top coat of clear varnish.